Here is what I learned yesterday morning:
- Don’t try to make surprise pancakes for your fiance unless you’re sure you have all the ingredients, including the essential and delicious pancake syrup.
- The world is very much awake at 5:30 a.m.
- In Ligonier, the No. 1 morning hangout location is Sheetz, which does not carry pancake syrup.
- Always wear a bra when you leave the house, no matter how few people you’ll think you’ll see.
- Giant Eagle opens at 6 a.m. and if you look sad at its front doors a few minutes before that, a sympathetic employee will let you in early.
Also, I used to think that pancakes only came from a box. That is, you had to buy pancake mix to make pancakes. Did you know that is totally not true?! As long as you have some baking basics in your pantry, you can make the most delicious pancakes. No special mix required.
I started with some flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a bowl. [Read more...]